Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Swam 20 laps in 33min this morning. Still 10min short of Zhan Rui's 23min. Gonna train up more.
Checked my email. Apparently someone by the name of cynthia wants me to add her on friendster. Sure no problem but I don't have a clue who she is. Another gal sent me a message asking me if I was interested in doing business. For Christ's sake I am usually guarded against females asking for favours. Sorry I don't fall for sex appeal that easily. Sorry Qingpei.
Anyway it feels good to know that so many stars are on our tiny island(IOC) . Stars that usually can been seen on Tv or newspapers are actually within our 635 sq km land(hope my geography doesn't fails me). I am not a fanatic but if I had a chance, I would want to shake Alexander Popov and Ian Thorpe's hand. Popov was my idol when I swam 50 and 100m front crawl in Secondary school. I respect Ian Thorpe especially after he pulled away in the last 40m for the Australian 4 x 400m relay.
Anyway congrats London, though I was rooting for Paris. I guess I should have seen it coming. The wind of change seems to be blowing to England. Not too long ago, Liverpool, an English club won the champions league ffrom the death, being 3-0 down at half time to win in penalties. London, which was supposed to be at the bottom of the pack, eventually gets the nod for the olympics. Hopefully England doesn't disappoint me for next year's world cup.I do not want to cry again like in 1998 and 2004. C'mon Rooney.

No comments: