Sunday, October 09, 2005

Great fightback today, coming from 3-1 down to level 3-3 with Eddie and Andy scoring the goals from solo run in. Apple was pretty quiet vocally as he gave away a lot of balls by holding on to it for too long. Even the referee told him to change his style.

I showed glimpses of my own self, clearing the opponent's ball with my first touch and with ferocious power, which used to be my trademark. Chong said "so long never see your thunderbolt" meaning its been awhile since they saw me clear balls with sheer power. I could even hear the smacking of my boot on the ball. But I still haven't figure out why they like clearing of balls, I used to think defenders should always bring the ball out of the penalty box and pass it to the midfield instead of aimlessly whacking away the balls. Guess thats why we are amatuers.

It really makes a difference to ya day when you come out from a game with a great performance. But this shall be my last game until my exams are over. Till then, physics and computing will come first.

No comments: