Thursday, April 19, 2007

I was checking my IPPT results which I took last june on the ns portal.

Situps - 40 (5pts)
Broad Jump -234 (4pts)
Shuttle Run -9.7s (5pts)
Pullup -12 (5pts)
2.4km run -10.56 (4pts)

Overall - Silver

Basically the only thing standing in my way for gold and $400 is the 2.4km run which has to be run under 9min45s. For the past two weeks, I have starting running the 199 and 179 route to condition myself. After my last paper on the 2nd may, I will begin an intensive running and swimming programme everyday and hopefully by june I can be ready for IPPT. I think the last time I ever did such a crazy programme to train fitness was in secondary 3 when I was preparing for the national youth taekwondo tournament. I remember running every single day and doing drills which almost made me close to vomiting. My instructor was a psycho and his mantra was simple, when you puke it means u have given 100% effort, otherwise if not u must continue training until u puke. Glad I am now in a more civilised environment.

If anyone wants to take IPPT let me noe. I will be taking with Zhan Rui at the end of May.

Wish me luck folks! And all the best for the exams to everyone!

No comments: