Sunday, September 09, 2007

The plaudits may be singing England's praises for defeating Israel but for me, the match was a bore. It simply lacked class. I was disappointed that there was no broadcast of the France vs Italy match. Surely that would have been more interesting to watch after what happened at the world cup last year. Same for the Holland game too, finally the Dutch team looks like they are coming good this time around, with stars like Sniejder, Huntelaar, Robben, Van Persie, Ryan Babel and the new starlet Roysten Drenthe. After letting me down since 1998, my hopes are rekindled.

I also caught the opening game of the rugby world cup between France and Argentina. Surprising France lost, they were a nervous wreck right from the start. In short, the players were jittery. The All Blacks also opened their account by trashing Italy but they too don't seem to be impressive. I think they might have peaked too early way back in 2005 when they smashed the British Lions to bits. They were scary back then and one would have thought they came from another planet. I shall be rooting for my favourite Ireland and South Africa as usual.

As the 6th week approaches, quizzes inevitably start popping up. I have a mountain to climb for revision. I kinda slack the whole of last week partly due to venkat fella sending me a jap drama called liar game. Initially I was quite skeptical and thought it was a crap drama but turns out the psychology plot does make one think alot and keep it interesting to watch. It made me remember a book called The lady or the tiger, a psychology book whereby one has to read the clues and make the correct decision for if the wrong door is opened, the tiger will eat you up. Of course as the chapters progress, there are more doors and more deceptions. An example would be door A saying that the tiger is in door B and door B claiming that door A is lying and door C claiming that either door A or B is lying. It can get pretty frustrating but at the same time very exciting. Rats, I think I shall go buy the book in the recess week.

No comments: