Saturday, December 20, 2008

I was pretty shocked to wake up in the morning and hear the radio news about Chew Chor Meng's condition. Hopefully a miracle will happen and he can fully recover from it.

So after I did all my shopping today, I went to relax at Starbucks, sipping my fav caramel macchiato and flipping through a magazine. Then a lady in her early seventies walked in, those kind dress like tai tai with bee hive hair, her make up so thick she looked like some getai singer. She was trying to find a seat and while there were many empty seats, she couldn't make up her mind. She walked to the first table, but I guess because the aircon was too cold, she decided to find another table but because the rest of the tables had cups not cleared, she seem reluctant to take up the seats. She decided to shout at the Malay Baristas to clear the table, "Oei, oei, oei'". Honestly, I doubt they heard her and were busy anyway, so the lady decided to resign to her fate and sat randomly. Then suddenly she decided to walk over to another table. In total, I think she spent at least 5 mins changing 5 tables before settling down. By then, alot of people were amused by her and were giggling among themselves.

Eventually the lady's friend came and immediately the lady went into a rage, complaining in hokkien about the aircon being too cold and the baristas not doing their job in clearing the table. I have never met such a fussy character, I mean just because you are in your seventies doesn't mean you are entitled to Queen Elizabeth royalty treatment right.

I swear its more funny when one sees it first hand. All these old ladies, when will they ever change their attitudes?

No comments: