Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tong, let me clean up the house.If you made ur choice as a result of analysing both sides of why god should or should not exist, then Kudos to u bro. But let me focus my attention on my aunts. My mom was brainwashed by her elder sister to convert to catholism. When i asked her what do u know about catholism she goes oh this and that. What do u know about buddhism. Silence. Islam? Silence. So how do u know catholism is the right choice among the rest? Oh because.... this... that.....In short, my mom and aunts don't even consider other factors to arrive at their choice. My head tells me its because my aunt is a catholic and my mom goes oh she can't be wrong. Sorry mom i know u are strong willed as a catholic but so am i as an atheist. Last sat i look at my seven yr old niece. Well she is a catholic but thats because she has only been exposed so far to the religion of catholism due to my cousin herself being a catholic. Is she old and mature enough to know that catholism is the right choice? Does she at this age know that other religions exist? What if she grows up and decides that Buddhism is the right one? Can she make a decision now. No. Which leads me to ponder. Tong, if you were to be reincarnated in Iran, be brought up in an islamic culture and not know any thing about christianity, would it be fair for God to judge you as to why u choose to believe in islam rather than christianity. Would it be fair to judge young children today in the arab countries, growing up without any exposure to other religions and only know about islam because their parents have only exposed them to islam and no other religion? Would God still be so understanding? I mean Tong, if you were borned under say chen shixin parents, would you still turn out to be the same tong today. Would it then be fair for us to judge ur character?

No comments: