Thursday, September 22, 2005

Lost 1-0 to hall one today from an unlucky deflection off Hengkia's head from their corner. Other than that, I thought I played very stable as the sweeper considering it is my first match apperance for hall 12. Hopefully I can stake my claim to fight for the centre back position with Roy and Hengkia. Heard from James Roy reads the game well and plays physical. James compares him to Maldini. I think of myself playing like Jaap Stam nowadays, not exactly fit but sticking close to strikers and going in hard on them to make my presence felt.

As I told Alvin, we should choose from three styles of play. Direct, passing and Blackburn. When I mean Blackburn, I mean playing FUCKING rough against a team normally very strong in all departments. This was my observation from last year FA cup semi final between Blackburn and Arsenal, whereby Blackurn adopted a physical style to make Arsenal sweat their guts out for their one nil win. Of course all we need is a player that plays like Robbie Savage. Till then, looking forward to playing the next hall game. Ciao!~

No comments: