Saturday, June 03, 2006

I gotta admit, drinking alcohol the night before an early game is not advisable as I overslept today and had to rush down by cab. The game against Ah boy friend's team ended up 3-3 and for the first time after so long, we played a nice passing game.

As for the second game, we were up against a team who were all quite big sized and physical, my knee is injured now thanks to a strong hefty challenge from this huge uncle who tackled me but fairly. And the new signing Shahrul, Nas's cousin marked his debut with 2 spectacular strikes. The referee, who is a Police FC veterens player, advised us to not to play against the opponents we have been playing against for the past few weeks and said that if we want to improve, we should challenge his veteren team consisting of ex-national team players. Hopefully we can get the opportunity in the future to play them and learn.

My fitness as a left back is slowly picking up but the positioning awareness is still not there. I also realised that almost everyone in the team has played for at least school team level if not national age group. As for me, I can only boast of playing at Lorong Lew Lian and Potong Pasir street soccer as my creditials. Haha.

My uncle is currently in hospital after he suddenly 'blacked out' last night. I hope he is alright and will be paying him a visit at Changi hospital tomorrow.

No comments: