Sunday, August 06, 2006

I got a shock after reading today's papers when I found out that my Taekwondo instructor passed away on mon following complications after lap band surgery. Didn't know that the news was on wed front page of home section as I was in f.o.c.

Training under him was no doubt tough but fun at the same time. He would have supper with us at Toa Payoh after training and share laughters with each other. He was never interested in the belt level system and would only train us rigorously in sparring. He put me in a green belt competition when I was only a white belt and put me in a black belt competition when I was a green belt. His advice to me in competitions was simple but effective. The words were 'if you don't kick ur opponent, they will kick you, so choose'. In any case, I hope that the fraternity will give him a deserving tribute for his service to the sport.

No comments: