Saturday, August 05, 2006

Working at AMK Singpost for the past two days is physically draining esp when I had F.O.C earlier in the week. The only good thing about the job is that at the end of the day I can eat free ice cream provided by Prudential as part of the promotion.

After the job I had to rush down for soccer and today was probably my best game for the team so far, timing my tackles well and almost getting on the score sheet after some neat passing with Nas and Sharul. Could have dribbled the ball into the penalty box but opted for the spectacular instead outside the big box only to see my top right corner shot denied with a fine save by the keeper. So my first goal is still waiting.

It was nice to have the last shot of the game and to shake hands with the ref, Yaya Mahdon, ex-international player in the 90s. Too bad we couldn't take his offer of a friendly next wed because the clowns in the team said they were 'patriotic' or they would only play if the match was at national stadium.

A lot of players have pre-match routines. Ferdinand likes to listen to hip hop before a game, Paul Ince would only put on his shirt after he emerges from a dug out and most players like to touch the pitch and make the sign of the cross etc. As for myself, I have finally found my own routine, that is drinking teh c peng before a match. For the last two weeks including today, I felt that after drinking teh c peng, it somehow kept me focused,steady and at my optimum during the game. I am not exactly superstitious but I believe in the saying 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it'. Probably follow the routine next week.

After two weeks of work and saikang, finally I get my off day tomorrow.

No comments: