Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Just a while ago, my first semester friend spoke to me on msn. He is an India scholar who doesn't talk much to me and the words we exchange can hardly reach past a hundred. But his agenda was short and sweet, help him gather votes for him in the coming EEE elections. All these campaigning be it hall or school brings out the wayanging in people, where people suddenly lick your balls, pretend to be your good friend, offer you goodies, promise you the moon, but after being elected, poof..... No news or either that life still remains the same.

I think winning an election is all about strategy. Take Hougang and Potong Pasir for example, offers to upgrade the housing estate and free abalone porriage didn't sway votes. If I were to run for election, my strategy would be simple. Free Kopi O for residents every saturday morning and lower the tax on beer. Screw whatever moral principles or bad effects it will have on the young, I mean c'mon the young will eventually grow up and see the dark side of life anyway.


To Captain Mike, I hope after you get elected, you will run the social life of Hall 12 well and plz don't make it become the Joo Chiat of NTU hostels.

No comments: