Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yesterday I did some 'factory' work at DHL. Initially I though it was gonna be sweat in there, turns out that the place was fully air-conditioned. The job scope was to find stock and count them, make sure the figures tally. Now as simple as it sounds, we had to recount some stocks which were earlier counted by some Malays, obviously they cocked it up so we had to clear up the mess for them. The staff were quite desperate at first, asking everyone who could work ot until 11pm, but when I realise that for every two hours, the staff took a 'mandatory' 30min tea break. Take away tea-time, the job could have been finished earlier. Quite a few others including myself were doing things to look busy, trying to show that we are doing something which in fact not. At times, we were just pushing the trolley around the warehouse pretending to look for something but just toking cock away.

I can't wait for Asia cup, Copa America and Rugby world cup to start, my betting instincts are feeling itchy.

No comments: