Sunday, July 08, 2007

Early in the morning when I woke up for breakfast before my game, I ran through the newspapers and was glimpsing through the sports pages when I saw a familiar face in the hotbods section. Yes no doubt about it, spot on, it was someone I knew and ranks in my hall of fame for totally hate and don't like them at all. Only three people have entered that hall of hate I should call it. What a way to spoil my morning. I will not go into details. People who know me well enuff will know the full story.

Thankfully, the day got better when I went down to sengkang to play for Melvin's team. They had a blend of youth and old players, something like a Bolton team, may not be the fittest team around but they make it up with experience and good positioning. Communication was great and everyone could pass the ball around. I played at right back for the 1st half and defensive midfield for the 2nd, pretty shacked out. After the game, the captain invited me to join his team. He even told me that I did not have to pay for today's game, I think partially to make me feel guilty and come down for future matches. They play around serangoon which is a plus point, furthermore even arranging transport for me. Somemore it is only my first game for them. Can see that they are really committed and the camaraderie among everyone is great, pretty impressed and I think I will join them next month.

Today is the Wimbledon men's final and my money is already staked on Roger Federer. I hope he wins to make up for my loss yesterday.

No comments: