Thursday, January 24, 2008

This has been the worst day of work so far. Early in the morning before I could even settle down, I had to listen to an asshole reprimand me on the phone for not doing my job. I rejected his feedback suggestion because after going through every guideline and discussion with my superior, the idea was not feasible. He did not want to accept my explanation, went on to criticize the whole organisation, demanded to know why we are not ensuring safety on the road. He went on about how he was a police officer last time, how his cousin is some chief of army, his father dunno some big shot. Seriously his father can be a dog for all I care. He went on aggressively demanding this and that, eventually I lost my professionalism and cool. I told him to run for transport minister or finance minister in the next general elections since he is so zai. Somehow he didn't get the idea, he demanded to speak to my superiors, say even my superiors must listen to his orders. Honestly speaking, if he so zai, why now drive taxi? I then told him what I thought of taxi drivers driving recklessly on the roads, how taxis only appear during midnight onwards. In the end, he insisted on coming down to meet me. Come lor!

The day got worst when the surgeon I spoke to last week is now threatening to sue me for giving him incorrect information. But after listening to his story, it was pretty apparent that he changed his story and in fact lie about I told him. I remember clearly telling him in clear proper English about every detail and if he cannot understand English, it is seriously not my problem. The pissing part of it all is that he has twisted his story and distorted what I said. My goodness, Dr Singh, I can't believe u are stooping this low. In fact, if I see u in court, I will sue u for defamation. I am grateful to my boss for cracking a joke to lighten me up and offering to help me on this issue. The worst case scenario is to draft in LTA's lawyers. I am not worried, I know what I said and if he wants to play English with me bring it on. U son of a bitch. Dun vent your frustrations on work and take it out on me.

After work, I went to play street soccer with my department lads and they are a bunch of bollocks! I swear my father can play better. To end the depressing day, I went for a drinking session with my buddy to wash away my frustrations. Nothing beats Heineken for being there for u in times of need. Thanks Heineken, u are a fren indeed.

No comments: