Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My nickname in office is no longer Curry anymore. This comes after my section department head said that I look like Edison Chen from the side view. So lately everyone is calling me Edison or Guan Xi. I am not sure if I should feel honoured, after all Edison's reputation in real life has taken a step back. But there are still a few staunch loyal supporters who still continue to call me Curry. Well, I am accustomed to my multiple names by now.

Today was Professor visiting day. Prof Lum came down to see my supervisor and had a chat with me. He knew basically everybody in the department, be it young or old. He claims that he taught them and even knew what year they graduated. I expected him to grill me on alot of questions relating to my work. Surprisingly, he talked alot of rubbish, talked about army, how he plans to run a marathon this year, telling me how a pretty lady used to work in LTA and he had his eyes on her. He was checking out all the females in my department, blatantly staring at their legs when they walked passed. He didn't even read what I wrote in my logbook, considering the effort I put in. But on the whole, he sounds like a nice chap.

What a nice weather to sleep.

No comments: