Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ok time for my two cents bit on Euro 2008. Now I will officially be rooting for Holland (as usual). But deep down, I know they will fuck it up in the quarters. Same goes for Spain, they are the Liverpool of major tournaments, forever promising much only to falter like feathers.

I believe France will make it to the finals, they have a squad with experienced veterans and hungry young starlets. I also reckon Germany to make it to the finals. Germany have a habit of struggling in the qualifiers only to excel when the tournament starts. I attribute it to the kelong theory, giving punters the impression that they are weak only to win when people least expect it. The signs are starting to show again, Germany just drew with Belarus a few days ago, so the trend is similar again. Remember, you heard it from this space first.

Honestly if Holland doesn't win it, I hope underdogs like Croatia or Russia nick it. The one team that I HOPE not to win it is Portugal. They are a nation full of wankers. Ronaldo, Nani, Petit, Simao and the king of all wankers, Ricardo Carvalho. I can't stand the sight of them crying on the ground when they get tackled and lashing out at opponents for diving when they mis-time their tackles on the opposition. The Portuguese are a bunch of softies in my opinion.

Having said everything, I hope the Dutch can surprise me.

No comments: