Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I have been sleep deprived for the past two weeks thanks to the Euro 08 fever. I am managing only 5hrs of sleep or less everyday and only able to keep awake with the help of coffee. So far so good, the Dutch have impressed me very much. Their brand of attacking football have pleased my eye and I really hope for their sake that they do win it this time.

The other question dominating the football press is whether Cristiano Ronaldo will be leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid. I always believed that he will leave Man Utd, it is only a matter of when. Therefore at the start of the season, I decided to print Rooney on my United jersey instead of Ronaldo which everyone argued I should have. In terms of debt, well he has paid his dues and arguably can be said that he singly handedly won Man Utd the premier league title this season. I suppose if the boy wants to go to Madrid, we shouldn't stop him. People say that Man Utd cannot win without Cristiano Ronaldo. Well, the same was said of Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham when they left. No doubt there were turbulent times in the transition period, but the void only meant that new heroes were created. The club still won trophies. I dun expect Ronaldo to be a loyal servant, but he will never be in the same class as Scholes, Giggs, Maldini, Tony Adams who may not have been as great as Ronaldo but still won the respect of the club fans. Furthermore, Ronaldo is a Portuguese and we know how mercenary Portuguese people are. I rest my case.

Moving on, at the recent PC show, I bought a new MP3 player and portable HDD. The purchase though a bargain has still left me poorer. Hopefully, I can make it up by winning big on my Genting trip this weekend. Huat ah!

No comments: