Monday, July 14, 2008

Before I left office for home today, I was offered a cheese cake bought by Cecilia. I think that sums up my stay in LTA, eat eat and grow fat. The chicken pies, cakes, biscuits have shown their results. Ever since joining LTA, I have gained 4kg. I am currently weighing the heaviest I have ever been. I suppose its down to my good nature, not wanting to say no to people.

Earlier today, my boss asked me if I went drinking during lunch time because she said my face was very red. I had to kindly explain to her that my face was red due to soccer and swimming under the sun during weekends. Well apparently she thought all along that I was under the booze every monday. Perhaps that explains why I got a B+ for my attachment instead of an A.

Now as this has happened many times I gotta share this experience. Here and then, I have entered retail shops and some sales assistants have come up to me and asked “你是不是中国人?”I usually take 5 seconds to absorb the shock before running through my head a) is the sales assistant trying to take the piss out of me? b) maybe I really look like a.....fuck no way, cannot be, impossible, dun even think about it. Occasionally I will humour them back by saying I am from Hong Kong. I think it might be because of my 为人民服务 Mao Zedong sling bag that I carry out sometimes. Whenever Ah Tiongs see my bag, they will brighten up with gleam as if I just made their day. Sorry folks, hate to spoil the party but sadly I am not your 同志 hor, I am genuine and purely manufactured in Singapore only.

As a result, I bought myself a new converse sling bag over the weekend. Hopefully that will bring me some respite.

No comments: