Sunday, January 18, 2009

So we ended the season by beating the champions, but of course they played all their reserves. Then again, those kids, average age of around 14 earned my respect. While lacking in physique, they were fast and played intelligent football. I was given a lesson by their nigerian striker, who used to play for tampines rovers. Each time I committed, he simply danced pass me. But after passing me, he met the Great wall of China, our new chinese signing. Such was his covering and positioning that I think they only had a shot on goal all day.

The great wall taught me a few lessons which were valuable esp since I was playing in my unnatural left back role. From the back, he was controlling everybody, from defence to midfield to attack. When defending corners, instead of man marking, he employed a zonal marking system. I think everybody was a bit baffled, but I guess when the ex skipper of Shandong says something, we follow. After the match, he had humble words to say but did blast us for our lack of fitness. I think there is gonna be a mandatory once a week running session and hopefully he will agree to coach us.

I caught Red Cliff 2 yesterday and I think it is better than part one. I esp like the naval battle. Good job Mr Woo.

No comments: