Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last sat was my 3rd official match for the vipers. Playing against the bottom team, I was expecting it to be easy, boy was I so wrong. The opponents were a bunch of old school british thugs u most likely will find in a pub drinking lagers. The bloke I was marking was huge ass, his west ham shorts making him look like John Hartson. He left me with a cut on my eyelid, a cut on my ankle, a bruise on my wrist and caused me to bleed in my gums at one point. Serious, I'm not trying to show off. But I think I managed to stand tall and I believe it is games like these which will make me stronger. Our new American signing was the difference why we won, the yankee may be 42yrs old, but he is bloody fit and hard as nails. His composure enabled us to stroke the ball around the park with composure, it was also humble of him to give me advice and encouragement too. His banter with the british thugs was hilarious and cracked me up at times.

I am just looking forward to the last league game this week, against the newly crown champions. According to the lads, they are champions because they have the ex Thai legend Surachai and some 14yr old prodigy. They just get younger don't they. But our own new star signing will be unveiled this week, in the words of the vice-captain, he is an ex China national player with 12 caps and 1 goal, having played in the chinese super league and S league previously. I don't expect to start games of course, I'm pretty much glad that at least I made it to the senior squad ahead of the B team.

Here is the match highlight. Abit drama la cos we nicked the winner in stoppage time. I am number 3 by the way : )

http://www.vipersfc.net/viperstv.html

No comments: