Saturday, October 01, 2005

Although it is still early days but I have already made plans on what I want to do in the december holidays. Probably persuade my dad to go Taiwan, bleach my hair, pierce my ear. Chornicles of Narnia will be out by then so I suppose it wouldn't harm to watch movies during that month.

Reading the papers today, that was an article on Alan Greenspan. I have an uncle who looks like him and coincidentally likes to talk economics each time there is a gathering. What an interesting world.

Downloaded lots of songs from smashing pumpkins and other 80's band in the afternoon. I just wonder what kinda of lifestyle I would have adopted if i was born 15 years earlier and spending my adolescent years in the 80's. I would probably spot long curly hair like the doors or guns n roses, wear leather boots and jeans, smoke pot and drink whiskey. I miss MTV classic. I still think that the music videos from the 80's era are the best. Compared to today, the music videos are more interesting, not direct but creative in an alternative sense. I believe Duran Duran were the 'in' boyband back then and sid visious was probably the coolest dude around town. New order, erasure and depeche mode have really interesting videos, believe me guys.

Its a pity that the Beyond concert falls in my exam preparation period otherwise I could have given it a thought. Till then off to listen to my sister's diana krall cd.

No comments: