Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Well last week kinokuniya had a 20% sale so I decided to part with my cash to purchase "The God Delusion' book by Richard Dawkins. Just reading the preface has convinced me that it was a worthy investment. Before one goes on and say oh its another bullshit nonsensical book, let me just clarify that Richard Dawkins is highly regarded as one of the top son of bitches in the world of science and research so unless one can match his credentials, I would say its advisable to keep thy lips shut. He has written many other top notch books and it would be a disgrace if one does not read them.

To begin with, its an anti religion book, but of course backed up with credible and logical explanations. I've only read the preface and one point to note is childhood indoctrination. I was part of it too, being mentally brainwashed by my aunt and mother to believe in God when I was young. Technically the only reason why I followed my mom to Novena church last time was so that I could eat KFC for lunch. The same thing is happening to my nieces now, they are well brought up and for no reason should they not obey their parents. But I would say that they are too young to make any reasonable judgement for themselves so it would be unfair to say that they believe in God because they know it is the correct thing. Its part of upbringing. Ask a child in Iran who he thinks is God and another child from China and another one from Britain, I reckon the answers will be different. A simple analogy would be if a parent were to give his child read baa baa black sheep and nothing else but baa baa black sheep for his whole childhood life, I bet my balls on the line that should a random stranger walk by and ask 'hey Dick, so what story can ya relate to me', well i rest my case.

I shall share more as I read more. No offence, its a democratic world out there, I have as much right as the Christian next door to preach in what I believe in. Peace out!

No comments: