Sunday, March 16, 2008

Went for a hair cut today. At the salon, I couldn't help but listen to one uncle give his five cents bit of gossip to the hairdresser. According to him, he claims that Mas Selemat is dead. The authorities while interrogating him had beaten him to death and in order to cover up their tracks, decided to fake the whole escapade so as to avoid any autopsy and human violation rights charges. At least I was kept entertained throughout.

Earlier in the morning , I played for Melvin's team and I am proud to say that I lasted the whole game at right back although I switched to sweeper in the last 20min. At times, I was panting like a dog, but I was never gonna give up just because of tiredness. I think after today, the rest of the team have warmed up to me. I feel more assured of my place now after receiving the thumbs up and pats by the seniors. Melvin almost started a fight after he was tackled on his shin. Vulgarities were exchanged but luckily emotions eventually calmed down. I was never afraid even if it might escalate to a fight. Bring it on I say. Looking at my team-mates, some of them look like ex jail birds, one of them sporting a goatee, had tattoos all over his body, his panda eyes and buff body made him look like a drug addict/underground boxer. At least that was my first impression of him. But he turned out to be a very down to earth lad, pretty easy to get along with. In fact he was the one who calmed things down. I still dunno if Melvin lashed out because it was a dirty tackle or if it was one of his scare opponent psychological tricks that he used to teach me.

To ethan/bbc/steelman: Eh if Melanie mention anything abt me, keep me updated. I won't
tell her that you tell me. Tsk tsk tsk.

No comments: